| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 193 [20 Dec 2015 06:24]
Guests - 193 / Members - 0
Integrex Programming EIA integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / Integrex Programming EIA /

RE-START IN EIA

Rodzilla
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 7 Mar 2016 15:35 | Edited by: Rodzilla
when I use RESTART on a EIA program the window that opens is a bit different to what you get on a MAZATROL program , however when I type in the require fields and press CYCLE START the machine does search to the spot where I want to start .... BUT the machine just sits there doing nothing ,

I have also set the parameters for the machine to rapid and not feed to the start point , but no luck.

sorry I forgot to mention machine is a J400

does anyone have any idea as to what I'm doing wrong

thanks
Rodzilla
nitrosnfr
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 11 Mar 2016 08:13
Do you have a button that says nonmodal restart. If so press it. Then it should start
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 11 Mar 2016 12:18
hang on..... I thought nonmodal restart was a completely different type of restart.

IE: press

EIA MONITOR
NONMODAL RESTART2
SEARCH (ARROW DOWN) eg:N8
NONMODAL RESTART2
CYCLE START

are you saying , I should press

RESTART
INPUT PROG #
SEQUENCE #
BLOCK #
REPEAT #
SEARCH

and then

NONMODAL RESTART

????????
I'm confused
nitrosnfr
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 11 Mar 2016 16:34
What I do on a Matrix and Matrix2 is
EIA monitor
Search down
Type line# in then input
Then I hit nonmodal restart and it's ready to go.

Sorry if I confused you or if it's not the same way to do it
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 14 Mar 2016 08:24
ok thanks, but that is a different type of restart, I'm talking about the using the same RESTART soft key that you would use to restart a MAZATROL program , If your running a Mazatrol program and do a restart the window only wants you to tell it what unit to start on....but if your running a EIA program and press the same restart button as you would for a Mazatrol program the window opens and asks where you want to start sequence # , block #, etc ..... its a bit different but I want to know why my machine will search down to the sequence # and when I press cycle start it just sits there doing nothing .
nitrosnfr
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 16 Mar 2016 13:24
Ok,I've never had used that way to restart EIA, alway the other way and never any problems and EIA is all we run. Sorry
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 16 Mar 2016 14:56
no worries nitrosnfr , I normally restart your way too , I just wanted to try the other way , but thanks for your help
cpieler
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 23 Mar 2016 05:51
Hi guys just wondering what cam software you are using and what you think of it? edgecam here.
Thanks
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#9 | Posted: 5 Dec 2016 15:48
I'm working on a J400 , with a fixture mounted in the chuck and I also have the tailstock supporting the other end , just like a tombstone . The idea is to make many small parts on this fixture.... On each of my parts I have 6 hole that are drilled and tapped , and of coarse I just broke a tap.
So my question is .

How can I restart my EIA program at the 3rd part and skip over the first 2 parts set of holes ? this way I can save the first part scrap the second part and continue making the rest.

I know how to restart in Mazatrol.
I know how to restart in EIA, but the way I restart in EIA will only allow me to start at the very start of the tapping sequence which means the machine will re-tap ALL the holes.
nitrosnfr
Forums Member
#10 | Posted: 29 Dec 2016 15:24
Easiest way would be to put a L0 at end of your first line of tap code then very next line type in GOTO123456, then put in block# N123456 where you want to resume tapping,that will read all cycle info in first line of tap cycle but won't run it and will then go to block N123456 where you want to resume.
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#11 | Posted: 2 Jan 2017 07:43 | Edited by: Rodzilla
that actually sounds like a great idea, I'll do that when I get back to work tomorrow .
I have one question though, in the tapping cycle there are X and Y positions along with other things like depth etc, If I put a GOTO statement straight after that won't the machine still tap at the first position in the cycle before moving the the position where I want to restart from

thanks and Happy New year
Rodzilla
nitrosnfr
Forums Member
#12 | Posted: 2 Jan 2017 08:42 | Edited by: nitrosnfr
Not if you put a L0 at end of tap cycle line (this means read everything in line but don't run line and continue to next block)
If you had L1 it would run line 1 time,L2 run line 2 times etc.
It will read all info in line and execute according to what you have at line end L0,L1,L2 etc,then it reads next line GOTO123456 and continues on and retains all necessary info,speed feed,depth etc.
I use this solution quite frequently when needed, just have to remember to block out the GOTO statement next time you run program if you don't need to skip around.
Oh and also remove the L0 at end of line next time you run or you will be missing that first tapped hole.

Side note, the GOTO statement are all capital letters, the L0 is capital L and 0 is number. Figure you know this but I didn't want to post anything confusing or misleading that would cause a problem.

You have a good holiday too,hope this helps
nitrosnfr

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®