| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 82 [5 Sep 2013 00:45]
Guests - 82 / Members - 0
Integrex Programming EIA integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / Integrex Programming EIA /

Programming software

nitrosnfr
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 15 Jun 2007 10:54
Anyone have a good suggestion for software for programming a Integrex 400 III.
Presently we use Mastercam X.Im not sure if it is just our programmer the way he does things or the software and post processer.It just seems like some of the programs he does are rather crappy and have to be corrected at the machine.

And what kind of price range for the software
Thanks for any help
integrexman
Admin
#2 | Posted: 15 Jun 2007 12:12
You may just need to get a better post for Mastercam. Have you talked to the Mastercam people? We use Esprit Mold it only does mill work no lathe. We do all lathe work in Mazatrol and most of the mill work. If there is something that can't be done in Mazatrol or can be done better in EIA we call up subs from the Mazatrol program. Esprit Mold will run for around $10,000-$21,000.
crazymillman
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 15 Jun 2007 12:30 | Edited by: crazymillman
Well I use X2 for our Integrex and Do the turning and milling all in EIA with no problems. What post are you using if your company cheaped out and did not get a good post then I would say you are getting what you paid for. If you have the In-House post then I would say be speific about the problem you are getting what are you having to edit on the machine. Is it Rapid Moves? Is it the tool calls? Are you using G10 X1 and P0 for milling are you using the Suffix calls on your tools? Are you using the G68 method for your 3 & 4 axis milling and G43.4 for your 5 axis milling?

When the programmer is out at the machine and seeing the problems you are having what is his approach or answer to the problems you are seeing or is he even made aware or is it all 3 person crap he is getting told. I think anyone off line programming a machine like the Integrex needs to be able to set it pu and run it and go out and see what is going on with the machine not just make code and say have a nice day. I have been doing this for 20 years and I still go out in the shop and talk to the guys running the machines and get their feedback to make sure I am doing a good job and giving them everything they need.
nitrosnfr
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 17 Jun 2007 11:05
We use X2 also.Most of the problems are with the G128.The machine is not full 5 axis.Not sure what post is,we got it when we got the machine.

We use 4 digit tool calls not using G10 P0.We do use suffix.We don't use G68.
When program is posted for milling a tapered keyway the post doesn't seem to do it right.

It looks like this when we get it.

m200
t2508.0001
g0g28u0.
g28w0.
g0c0.
g97s1200m203
m250
g0b87.016
m251
g17
g128x0.689y0.z.05r1s0.
g0x0.y0.z0.
g98g1x1.0221f8.0
z-6.3987f2.0
x1.35f25.

He edits in the G128 line because the post doesn't put any numbers in that line like this.

G128X0.Y0.Z0.R1S0.

He can't seem to get it figured out.

This is how I wrote it and it works perfect.
m200
t2508.0001
g0g28u0.y0.
g28w0.
g0c0.
g97s1200m203
m250
b86.946
m251
g17
g128x.996y0.z-6.38r1s0.
g0z8.0
x-6.43
z.25
g98z0.f1.0
x0.f2.0
z.75f25.

He has no idea how to run the machine,been sitting on a puter just drawing parts up and posting them,no idea how to run a machine.He gets any feedback directly from me and I try to explain it to him and what the machine does and how it works but he doesn't understand alot of the time.His answer is usually well it looks good when it draw it up and watch the tool path run.

We have only had the machine about 2 years and it's the only one we have.
crazymillman
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 18 Jun 2007 19:51 | Edited by: crazymillman
The post has not been set-up to do the Axis Mapping correctly from what I can see just from the posted code. I would contact your local dealer and give them some sample code and sample files he has done then good code and your dealer will be able to get things like this fixed.

A screen wizard is not the answer for a problem like this and if a person has no idea how to run the machine how in the hell do they know what it takes to program it and make good usable code. I just did a titanium sphere with turning with a od groove tool switching direction on the main spindle cutting forward and backward with the same tool. I am doing full 4th axis milling with the C spindle moving in to center on the Y-axis rotate the C-axis 260 deg then comes off in the Y-Axis. Turning the left and right side of the sphere to a raised boss again with the same turning tool. Then on the sub spindle I am tuning the full Sphere to the raised boss and milling some other features on the part. All done in Mastercam and all in Eia with no problems. I can do that because I understand the machine I understand the tools and I understand the tool pressures and this makes all the difference in the world.

You can go looking for any Cam system, but if you got a person not putting in the effort to better themselves which in turn betters the company then no CAM system is going to make good code that does not need to be edited.
nitrosnfr
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 19 Jun 2007 10:06
Maybe I'll try to talk to him and see if he will listen to any suggestions.I guess he did run a machine at one time but was quite awhile ago and nothing like the Integrex.
He went to Kentucky for about a week to be trained for it but if it was like my week or so of training on the machine itself only got the basics.

Everything else I've learned is from reading manuals or asking questions in forums like here to try to figure it out.
You would think a 1.5Billion dollar corp. would not bat an eye to spend extra money to really train their people.

Where you from and work at crazymillman,maybe I could come work with you and learn something.Sure not going to get educated on it where I work.
crazymillman
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 19 Jun 2007 18:56
We are in So. Cal and do some very cool parts on are Machine. The owner is talking about getting a E500H2 so if he does that will give us 2. Also I belong to the emastercam forum and there is a wealth of knowledge there as well. Ask they guy if he belong to that forum. If he has ask him if he has ever read any of my postings in there.
nitrosnfr
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 22 Jun 2007 10:39
We are in southern Wisconsin.
I seriously doubt he has been to any forums.He pretty much doesn't care to learn more than he thinks he can get by with.Seems like if I fix his problems and then tell him he's happy with that.
He doesn't like the machine or seem to want to learn anything more.
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#9 | Posted: 22 Jun 2007 16:24
sounds like a Knumb skull to me.....

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®