| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 82 [5 Sep 2013 00:45]
Guests - 82 / Members - 0
Integrex Programming EIA integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / Integrex Programming EIA /

Changing tool change position

craigl
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 5 Jan 2012 08:28
We have an Integrex 100sy. As far as I know this machine will only tool change at home position. If the sub spindle is in contact with the part is it necessary to release and go home to change tools? That's what we do now. Release,go home,change tools, move tool to position and bring sub back in. Can this machine just change tools without sending sub home.
MikiMajk
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 5 Jan 2012 10:34 | Edited by: MikiMajk
Hi craigl,

How are you?

"As far as I know this machine will only tool change at home position". This is not true. The machine will change the tool only if it is at 2nd home position that stands for ATC position.

If you want to change the ATC position(that is toolchange position) tell me your control type?(MTPro, TPLUS or MT?)

take care,
Miki
craigl
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 5 Jan 2012 11:00 | Edited by: craigl
Ok, your right. once it goes to home position it moves to tool change position and changes tools. If the sub-spindle is holding the part the machine can't go all the way home, or to the tool change position, to change tools. I was hoping to change the z location for a tool change. The idea was to be able to change tools closer to the main spindle so the sub wouldn't need to go home. The tool carousel follows the b-axis anyway so i was thinking it would be able to tool change anywhere in the z-axis. We are running a 640MT

Thanks
Craig
integrexman
Admin
#4 | Posted: 5 Jan 2012 11:30
It is controlled with parameters. The problem is the tool change door will hit the left end of the machine if you move very much. I would try to move X home then move B to 0.0 change tools then move Z to a safe place and rotate Business back to 90deg.

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®