Members - 0
Most users ever online: 4 [30 Nov 2020 06:01]
Guests - 4 / Members - 0
Android Apps integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / Android Apps /

Try My Drilling Calculator App

integrexman
Admin
#1 | Posted: 23 Apr 2011 21:56 | Edited by: integrexman
I made an app to calculate rpm and feedrates for drilling with hss/cobolt twist drills. If you have an Android devise you can download it and side load the apk. It is designed for small screens on phones but it will work on tablets. On tablets it does not fill the screen though (still working on that). I am still working on a way for the user to input new material and set the surface speed and feed rate ratio. It has been tested on Android 2.2 and 3.0. It has no adds and needs no access to the network etc.

To use it all you have to do is enter the drills diameter, select the material then press Calculate. The app will show the rpm, surface speed, IPR and IPM feed rate for the material and drill size.

Here is the link. http://integrexmachinist.com/Android/

If you don't know how to side load apps on Android you go to SETTINGS then APPLICATIONS and check the one that says Unknown sources Allow instalation of non-market applications.
integrexman
Admin
#2 | Posted: 24 Apr 2011 18:39 | Edited by: integrexman
I have a newer version to download. Uninstall the old one and try the newer one.
http://integrexmachinist.com/Android/

Here is a screen shot.
" title="
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 24 Apr 2011 19:28
with this work on a iphone?
integrexman
Admin
#4 | Posted: 25 Apr 2011 05:23 | Edited by: integrexman
Rodzilla sorry only on Android "Google phones"
integrexman
Admin
#5 | Posted: 27 Apr 2011 17:19
Has anyone tried this yet?
jayzak IVST
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 28 Apr 2011 04:11
Yes...when i tried it i was running 6061 and used some of the calculated feeds the app provided. I was kinda cautious at first because it was telling me to run a #19 drill at 300 sfm, it seemed kind of fast givin that the feed was only .004" . Needless to say it worked for aluminum. curious to see how it works with 316.
integrexman
Admin
#7 | Posted: 28 Apr 2011 05:27 | Edited by: integrexman
jayzak IVST

What version of Android are you running? What phone do you have? I am working on a new version that will allow you to add materials and set the speeds and feeds you like.
jayzak IVST
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 28 Apr 2011 05:59
Samsung galaxy S / android 2.2 .
integrexman
Admin
#9 | Posted: 15 May 2011 20:37
I have a new Drilling Calculator to download. With this one you can add and edit different materials the surface speed and a feedrate ratio. http://integrexmachinist.com/Android/Drill_Calculator.apk

When you use the app for the first time you will need to click the "Add/Edit Materials" button. Enter the materials name, Surface speed and Feedrate Ratio. Click "Save" to save the material to the list. Click "Open" and select a material to edit/change the surface speed and feedrate ratio. You can not change the name of the material if you do it will add a new material with that name.

After you have a material saved you can enter the drills diameter in the textbox at the top of the screen then click the "Select Material" button to select the ones you had saved after selecting your material it will calculate the RPM, IPM and IPR and it will show the SFM you set for that material.

More screen shots.
danloyal80
Forums Member
#10 | Posted: 19 Mar 2012 02:45
looks very nice,

you did it all by yourself ? ?

nice going man!!

cheerS!

dan
--------------
A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.
Mahatma Gandhi

tel aviv real estate
tel aviv hotels

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®