| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 3 [7 Dec 2019 22:54]
Guests - 3 / Members - 0
Matrix Control integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / Matrix Control /

G43.4 with G54.2 on VariAxis

integrexman
Admin
#1 | Posted: 20 Jan 2010 16:01 | Edited by: integrexman
I need 5 axis sample code using G43.4 with G54.2 active on a VariAxis with Matrix control. Anyone?
Corjan
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 23 Jan 2010 09:19
Same as integrex?? Are you having problems??
integrexman
Admin
#3 | Posted: 23 Jan 2010 11:18 | Edited by: integrexman
Yes we can't get G43.4 to work with G54.2(dynamics workoffset).
integrexman
Admin
#4 | Posted: 25 Jan 2010 07:30
Mazak can't seem to figure it out.
dacar
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 16 Dec 2010 02:00
Why would you want to have G43.4 and G54.2 to be active at the same time?
integrexman
Admin
#6 | Posted: 16 Dec 2010 20:06 | Edited by: integrexman
dacar:
Why would you want to have G43.4 and G54.2 to be active at the same time?

Good question. We got this machine back in January and needed help figuring it out when first installed. I did not end up running it so I do not know a lot about it. The guy running it is using MasterCam and he uses G54.2 all the time and G93 for 5X stuff.

I would like to make a post for EspritMold for the VariAxis if you have any suggestions I am all ears. I heard the newest software on the variaxis added G43.4 because of the Feedrate limitations of G93.
dacar
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 17 Dec 2010 01:28
G43.4 is best used in simultaneous operations. As you said, it solves feedrate problem. But I think its biggest advantage over G54.2 is that performs continuous compansation for rotary axes, which improves quality of simultaneous operations. In G54.2 mode, compansation is only computed for the end point, and all axes are fed linearly to that point.

For Variaxis machines G43.4 is set in table coordinate mode. In this mode, coordinate system moves and rotates with the table. This also makes programming different but simpler than G54.2. But as the coordinate system rotates, you can't use drill cycles and circular movements.

So for your post, I think its best to use G54.2 for indexed operations and use G43.4 for simultaneous operations only and with G54.2 turned off.
TURBOMACHINES
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 1 Jul 2011 09:12
HI dacar
i can't find the way to programing in our variaxis 730 5xII with matrix control, if anyone knows how to use the code G43.4 in the program please tell me. I have a doubt about if in the program this code must be activate only one time at the begining of the program or in what part of the program i have to activate the code?, i have no idea
please help me

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®