| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 2 [23 Jul 2019 20:03]
Guests - 2 / Members - 0
Matrix Control integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / Matrix Control /

What do you think MAZAK needs to Add/Change to make the MATRIX control better? (READ FIRST POST)

Page:  ««  1  2  3  4  »» 
Steve Manthey
Forums Member
#16 | Posted: 5 Feb 2009 16:31
Mazak Integrex 300IV ST
Mazatrol programming
Matrix control

Today I was milling in head #2 with the "B" axis at 180 deg. I was using the highlighted "XY" milling mode and ran out of travel (soft limit). It sure would be nice to be able to just change to the "XC" mode without having to re-type all the friggn' numbers! No way to copying and paste either, at least that I know of.

I pretty much have to agree with most all of the comments from the rest of you guys. Hopefully Mazak takes a peek at this sight once in a while.

Steve
integrexman
Admin
#17 | Posted: 5 Feb 2009 21:35 | Edited by: integrexman
Steve Manthey:
It sure would be nice to be able to just change to the "XC" mode without having to re-type all the friggn' numbers! No way to copying and paste either, at least that I know of.

You can copy the sequence data from the XY unit to the XC unit after you type in the unit data and tool info.
Pete
Forums Member
#18 | Posted: 5 Feb 2009 23:11 | Edited by: Pete
Matrix control

Mazatrol programming : fully customizable angle for center drill (with insert radius) I want to specify the angle and a radius in the tool data......don't ask me in the program if this one have 60-118 or 90 just do the spot at the right diameter.! Sometimes i use 135 or 140 deg spot drill too.... so maybe it is much more simple to only specify the angle... the row is already there in the tool data.

Control itself : With a machine of these price range i think it would be a little thing to put Pc component that perform.... i'm feeling like My Desktop pc is probably 2-3 time stronger than the component used on these machine and mine worth about 1k$... How it really cost to mazak to put memory to register 256, 512 or 960 program or put a good video card....... the machine go almost faster than the simulation. Did somebody ever try to install a cam program and calculates some complicated tool path with the ''machine process's'' turned off. We don't only want pretty button!!
jay
Forums Member
#19 | Posted: 6 Feb 2009 10:31
e-650 m pro control
e-500 matix

06-02-09

Mazatrol
1/ Text comments in program, espicially on M00 line (like EIA progs)
Stuart
Forums Member
#20 | Posted: 6 Feb 2009 12:44
I'd like to see that as well as text comments in a Mazatrol program that popup with an M1 optional stop.

It would be nice to be able to write setup notes in the setup page without having to save them to a separate file as well. Being able to document a process with the setup page would be helpful and keep all the required information to run the job in one place. Adding the ability to include an image would be a bonus.
Steve Manthey
Forums Member
#21 | Posted: 7 Feb 2009 02:51
integrexman:
You can copy the sequence data from the XY unit to the XC unit after you type in the unit data and tool info.

I guess I need to mess around with that a little...I didn't know you could do that. Thanks!
Steve
out2thow
Forums Member
#22 | Posted: 18 Feb 2009 10:25 | Edited by: out2thow
I would like to see some more parameters added to the TPC data like TC54, TC71 and other newer goodies.

I also would like to see the ability to add a tool other than the one you are copying, ie add a roughing tool even after you delete it without having to redo the entire unit.
Pete
Forums Member
#23 | Posted: 18 Feb 2009 12:17
Every machine with a sub spindle....

Put the controller on a linear guide rail like on E-series machine would allows to put a larger windows on the sub door.
Putting the controller on the door make it heavy to open/close and when i work on the sub i always have to open the door or turn the controller (62.5 DEG HAHAHA little joke to put on your set-up sheet) to look behind. HINGE IS CRAP CRAP.... SCRAP
rjr
Forums Member
#24 | Posted: 26 Feb 2009 08:58
I have a real simple one......Add the ability to label each operation in a Mazatrol program. Example: (Drill main oil passage) also have the lable apear in various places, like the restart menu, positions screen etc. This feature would make it a lot safer for my operators when doing restarts etc.
Steve Manthey
Forums Member
#25 | Posted: 26 Feb 2009 18:01
Pete:
Every machine with a sub spindle....

Put the controller on a linear guide rail like on E-series machine would allows to put a larger windows on the sub door.
Putting the controller on the door make it heavy to open/close and when i work on the sub i always have to open the door or turn the controller (62.5 DEG HAHAHA little joke to put on your set-up sheet) to look behind. HINGE IS CRAP CRAP.... SCRAP

I'm with you there, Pete. Also, what's up with the window on the door at child height? I'm a normal 6"2" and almost have to take a knee to see the upper turret.

Steve
Stuart
Forums Member
#26 | Posted: 26 Feb 2009 23:27
Ya Steve, but Victoria complains she needs to use a ladder to see inside. I think we're outnumbered....

http://victoriacaruk.com/Vici6.html
Steve Manthey
Forums Member
#27 | Posted: 27 Feb 2009 07:21
Hey Stu,

Cute pics and story! Thanks for sharing :)

Steve
Stuart
Forums Member
#28 | Posted: 27 Feb 2009 14:00
Sadly she's bing converted to the Mazatrol side... Victoria is the only 3 year old I know of that can tell you what a G71 cycle is used for, or how to program a rigid tapping cycle. Now she thinks bar out or point machining is far simpler. Who am I to argue...
Pete
Forums Member
#29 | Posted: 29 Apr 2009 11:31
Matrix control.... every machine

Enlight in pink or yellow things that have been change in TPC unit
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#30 | Posted: 29 Apr 2009 12:00 | Edited by: Rodzilla
I like Pete's idea

many times I'm back and forth in TPC and in the end you cant remember what or where you started from, especially when you do the same job 6 months from now and you don't remember what was changed and more importantly WHY...

Rod
 Page:  ««  1  2  3  4  »» 

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®