| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 3 [7 Dec 2019 22:54]
Guests - 3 / Members - 0
Matrix Control integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / Matrix Control /

Integrexman's likes and dislikes on the Matrix Control (Read First Page)

Page:  ««  1  2  3  4  »» 
Bob Smith
Forums Member
#16 | Posted: 10 Jul 2007 07:47
We have the 1060 v8 with matrix/palletech and what to my wondering eyes appear, but a lack of ability to describe a back boring tool. Mazak's workaround is to describe the cut angle as 265degrees for a 55degree diamond with 5 degree lead. What poop.
tool_man_tony
Forums Member
#17 | Posted: 10 Jul 2007 16:58
Dislike #6 of mine. Try using comp help for a mill tool at B=90degrees. If you look at the X axes in comp help they are reversed for positive and negative as to actual machine movement. The X-axis is also in diameter mode, therefore to move X .001" while at 90degrees, .002" must be offset. I never use comp help for this reason.

You can find many of these "gripes" here:
http://integrexmachinist.com/forums/index.php?acti on=vthread&forum=18&topic=1
tool_man_tony
Forums Member
#18 | Posted: 10 Jul 2007 17:04
Here is another post related to the X offsets at 90degrees:

http://integrexmachinist.com/forums/index.php?acti on=vthread&forum=1&topic=80&page=0#3
integrexman
Admin
#19 | Posted: 10 Jul 2007 17:55
Added number 6 today.

Comp "help" isn't really help I guess if it tells you to offset the wrong way. LOL
gocubs68
Forums Member
#20 | Posted: 12 Jul 2007 21:01
What do you guys think of the VFC on the Matrix? I like that it stops after the unit is done so you can reset your feed and speed selectors back to 100%, but I don't always remember to do so. I think I would like the speed to also be on a knob instead of a button, don't understand why feed is on a knob and speed on buttons. I also like the ability to select 0 percent rapid, kind of works like single block but better. The Tool Search function on the tool data page is really nice as well, I've seen it on the MTPro, but it was on the tool layout page, not sure if it's in tool data or not on the MT Pro.
integrexman
Admin
#21 | Posted: 12 Jul 2007 21:33 | Edited by: integrexman
Added "likes" 4 and 5 today.
Bob Smith
Forums Member
#22 | Posted: 13 Jul 2007 07:50
"like" are you a valley girl or something? Totally gag me with a spoon.
integrexman
Admin
#23 | Posted: 14 Jul 2007 15:28 | Edited by: integrexman
HAHA Bob

Added "like" #6 today. The Likes are catching up to the dislikes.
integrexman
Admin
#24 | Posted: 3 Sep 2007 16:00
Added like #7
integrexman
Admin
#25 | Posted: 8 Oct 2007 17:28
We had the software and ladder updated last week. No change in the dislikes.
integrexman
Admin
#26 | Posted: 3 Dec 2007 13:14
Compared to the 640MTPro Control the Matrix is CRAP!
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#27 | Posted: 3 Dec 2007 13:47
why?
integrexman
Admin
#28 | Posted: 3 Dec 2007 21:42
See dislikes 1-8 at the top of this thread.
integrexman
Admin
#29 | Posted: 18 Dec 2007 09:26
Service updated us today to version BCB today and it fixed Dislike 6 at the top of the thread.
Maverick
Forums Member
#30 | Posted: 19 Dec 2007 15:40 | Edited by: Maverick
dislike 1: Check the help function on the grooving unit. the different grooving types have different "start point" references. i know its dumb, but for example the Pattern 0 and pattern 1, use a differing start point designation. one uses front edge of groove, other uses back edge of groove. this may also be affected by going from upper to lower turret. Also depends on which side iof the tool setter you touched off of.

dislike 5: tool load from tool data. (if you set the tools back in the machine, THEY ABSOLUTELY MUST BE IDENTICAL POCKET POSITIONING! otherwise you may end up with the entire magazine being "lost").

Dislike 6: lets see you do this in eia. im pretty sure this can be done with G10 programmable data offset. Need to be careful though as this command is capable of changing system parameters. theres the warning. lol ive seen people use this in conjuntion with subprograms to rough semi finish and finish using the same programmed coordinates and offsets (works good for difficult to machine materials like inconel 718)

dislike 7: barriers can be a pain, yes i agree. however there are a few parameters necessary to make this work properly. But i disagree with the comment about ...shouldn't be running the machine. When it saves your butt, youll be glad its there, especially running 2 turrets, and compound machining operations. there are parameters that disable bopth the safety shield and the barrier. I wont give those for safety reasons. also, why not set jaws not mounted on set up page if its a big problem? also are you using tool models on any of your tools? if you are make sure that they are defined as a proper shape, and also could it be that the head is close to the jaws on top? the length of the tool may bring the b axis head too close to the top of the jaws. this will also give a barrier (which will also explain why the tool stops an inch away while the others go almost right to the jaws)

dislike 8: im not totally sure here on this issue. but are you using mazatrol coordinates? or are you using Fanuc style G54s? that could be one reason for it showing crazy numbers. another thing could be... does it look like it could be machine coordinates? ie big negative numbers? not sure could be a parameter setting. but im not positive it is.
 Page:  ««  1  2  3  4  »» 

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®