| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 3 [7 Dec 2019 22:54]
Guests - 3 / Members - 0
Matrix Control integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / Matrix Control /

Integrexman's likes and dislikes on the Matrix Control (Read First Page)

Page:  1  2  3  4  »» 
integrexman
Admin
#1 | Posted: 21 Jun 2007 21:54 | Edited by: integrexman
We just got a Integrex 100 with a sub spindle, lower turret and Matrix Control. It is our third 100 with this control. We have 17 Integrex's, I have been running these machines for over 8 years and there are a few things I like about the new control and some I don't like. I am going to add to this list (edit the post) from time to time listing the likes and dislikes of the Matrix control.

Last updated: 1/24/11

Software: Main A1001W000-C4
Ladder: B4370

2. I like the new keyboard/control panal layout it does take some getting used to the layout. I like being able to not have to look at the Axis selector and just from touch know if I am on X,Z or what ever. The newer MTPRo Controls went to a round nob you had to look at to know which axis was selected.
3. USB it is great being able to use a USB flash drive with the DATA IN/OUT. It also seems to be faster at transferring programs and tooldata with either the USB or PCMCIA slot than the MTPRo.
4. When entering a tool in a mill unit that is not in the tool file it shows you an alarm. This is nice so you can select a different tool or add it to the tool file when you are making the program.
5. You can now do 2 work peace machining (machine on both chucks at the same time)in Mazatrol.
6. For Line Units you can now put in a chamfer tool after the endmills to chamfer if you need to. It saves you from having to create another unit just to chamfer very slick.
7. You can ERASE several Lines in a Unit or several Units at the same time. Just move to the part of the program you want to erase press the ERASE softkey and use the up/down arrow keys to highlight what needs to be erased and push INPUT.
8. Priority Numbers. Once you understand the Process End Unit using Priority Numbers is a lot better than Tool Layout on the older controls. (see dislike #10)
9. The Matrix control has a way to view and edit EIA programs that are in the HDD OPERATION area. (see the last page of your EIA/ISO programing manual)

Dislikes
1. This can be fixed with parameter F82 bit6 If I "AUTOSET" a Grooving tool on the lower turret it will compensate for the grooving tools width in Z. The upeer (LOL) turret doesn't compensate for the grooving tool width when AUTOSET. Maybe it is just a different parameter (P110 bit4 on the MTPro) for the upper turret? I am sure this could be fixed with a update.
2. This can be fixed by changing parameters F166 Bit0 to a 0 and L57 to 1. The diameter of endmills can not be adjusted while the program is running. This is like there Mills are. I do not understand why????? Some one must not have any experience running a machine. So when a part is finished you have to let the machine sit (the boss loves to see that) while you inspect the part, make radius offsets before starting the next part. Unlike a Mill, a integrex can be running bar part after part until the bar runs out no reason to stop UNLESS YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE DIAMETER OF YOUR ENDMILLS!
3.This was fixed by changing PLC parameter RB20 bit 1 to a 1.Service came in today and updated the software and ladder/plc. Now the coolant on the lower turret stays on ALL THE TIME! It was the Ladder/plc update that did it. It is like the lower turret doesn't know what a M9 is, it completely ignores them now. Today I am using the sub spindles spring loaded ejector and the parts catcher to catch the finished parts but now that I can't turn the coolant off on the lower turret the coolant blows the parts out of the parts catcher! Other jobs we have that are made of plastic will clog filters so I try to not use the coolant if not needed now the lower turret pump it going to stay on for the entire cycle.
4. This can be fixed with F34 bit2The parts counter can not be changed while a part is running.
5. This has been fix with an update not sure which one. If I load a program's tooldata with data in/out. The tools in the upper turret are ALL screwed up. If you look at the tooldata it looks fine but when you run the program it will load a tool in the spindle from the wrong pocket and tell you it has the tool from the pocket you wanted. Basically you get the wrong tool in the spindle and the machine doesn't know it!!!!
6. This was fixed with version BCB NO OFFSET IN LATHE UNIT'S TPC DATA ANYMORE? On the MTPro Control and all older Integrex controls, Lathe Unit's TPC data has a place for a "Offset number". Here I would put a number 1 for all of my lathe work on head1 and put a 2 in the offset number for all the lathe units for head2. This way you can move one offset and all of you tools with that offset in the TPC will move together. This is great if you are running tight tolerances and have several tools on the O.D. and I.D. to offset to keep size. This can also be done on a Multiplex. (Lets see you do that in EIA)
7. I have finally had enough of the "SAFETY SHIELD" today I was trying to mill a slot in the end of a part with ZY on head2 with B@90. I had to put 0's in for parameters BA5,6 and 7 I set the chuck jaws .01X.01X.01 I was finally able to cut the part with out getting a chuck barrier. In my opinion if you need chuck barriers and a Safety Shield you shouldn't be running the machine. On the MTPRo and every other Mazak Integrex and lathe I have used it is possible to get the chuck barriers setup so none of the tools will crash into the jaws. On the Matrix you setup the chuck jaws data and some tools will stop at the jaws other will stop an 1" in front of the jaws and others will stop after they hit the jaws?????
8. When machining in /Y or when using G68.5 to do 3+2 the numbers on the position screen do not show the tools position relative to XYZ zero on the end of the part, or the shifted position in X and Z. The parts are coming out like they are programed but the numbers on the position screen make no sense. If some one has figured out what is going on please enlighten us.
9. When you run a "SINGLE PROCESS" it adds 1 to the parts counter.
10. Just got another new Integrex and they must have someone in Japan who's only job is to see how many buttons you have to push to do something. Mazaks use to be so fast and easy to setup, not any more.
11. Parameter F84 bit7 will fix this You can't MDI a tool change if the tool is not defined and has a length.
Pete
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 21 Jun 2007 23:33
14 INTEGREX!!!! I WANT TO WORK AT YOUR SHOP!!! MAZAK RULES...HURON SUCK'S :)
IntegrexNewB
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 22 Jun 2007 09:42
My UPEER was recently fixed with last update. LOL
integrexman
Admin
#4 | Posted: 22 Jun 2007 18:31
14 INTEGREX!!!! I WANT TO WORK AT YOUR SHOP!!! MAZAK RULES...HURON SUCK'S :)
Tool_man_tony corrected me this morning we only have 13 Integrex's.
tool_man_tony
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 23 Jun 2007 08:22
Only 13 Integrexes. But we do have 2 Multiplexes now. They are quite the production superpower machines.

We just received a Nexus 410A with the Matrix control. No comments on it yet. The installation has not been started.
integrexman
Admin
#6 | Posted: 26 Jun 2007 17:42
Added number 3 and 4 to the Dislikes today.
gocubs68
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 26 Jun 2007 20:00
ATC Stop: In Position page, hit right hand soft key. Display should say "Test." Hit test and several options appear, ATC Stop being one of them. Took me a while to find it, but it's there
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 26 Jun 2007 20:46
I found the ATC STOP on our new Matrix but havn't seen it on our MTpro control , could someone please let me know where it is.
thanks RODZILLA
integrexman
Admin
#9 | Posted: 26 Jun 2007 21:02 | Edited by: integrexman
Rodzilla

In memory all you have to do it press the machine button.

Thanks, Gocubs68 I will look for it tomorrow.
tool_man_tony
Forums Member
#10 | Posted: 27 Jun 2007 11:05 | Edited by: tool_man_tony
I noticed today that both of our Matrix controls on the Integrex 100's have a new glitch. Software version B6 has the parts counter disappearing during cycle. I can get it to reappear by switching the upper or lower turret switches, but it disappears again later in process.

As Integrexman noted in dislike #3, the lower turret coolant is staying on after the cycle is finished. Ladder 1001W374-A2300 is responsible for that. Both of our machines are at that software and ladder revision level.
integrexman
Admin
#11 | Posted: 27 Jun 2007 21:06
I have the same problem with my parts counter as T_M_T it seems to only be with the upper turret. I have to switch between upper and lower to get it to show the count.
IntegrexNewB
Forums Member
#12 | Posted: 28 Jun 2007 00:06 | Edited by: IntegrexNewB
Tool_man

I noticed the parts counter issue too, since they installed B6 about
3 weeks ago.

Also have the same issue with the lower turret coolant. That started a few months back after an update. Forgot which one. I think B4 and A2300 was the update at that time.

I seem have another new glitch, but I have not ruled out that it's not imposed by this button pusher yet.
integrexman
Admin
#13 | Posted: 3 Jul 2007 10:42
Added dislike #4 today.
integrexman
Admin
#14 | Posted: 5 Jul 2007 18:36
Added dislike #5 today.
tool_man_tony
Forums Member
#15 | Posted: 6 Jul 2007 07:22
#5 dislike does not happen with every tool data reconfiguration. One of the releases allowed tool data to corrupt during data I/O. I am not sure of the release. I have found that different programs that were saved during this release were not all affected in the same manner. Save the tool data again to overwrite the corrupt data. I have started checking the tool data's integrity before a new job is started. Load the tool data from a proven program and then overwrite it with the current tool data. Check the pocket integrity of the tooling (tool number assignments) by using MDI. If the tool data matches the tool numbers called in MDI, you have clean tool data. It seems redundant to have this procedure, but the Matrix control has not lived up to its "Good Design" awards in my opinion.

Another dislike you may find is in the parts counter when you use Single Process. If Single Process is used to rework a bore, the parts counter is incremented at the completion of the process. Most people I know use Single Process to salvage a part currently in the spindle. The 1 added to the parts counter must be removed to match actual part quantity.
 Page:  1  2  3  4  »» 

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®