| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 2 [23 Jul 2019 20:03]
Guests - 2 / Members - 0
Matrix Control integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / Matrix Control /

Replacing Matrix hard drive?

Jonathan Arthur Ciener
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 5 Jan 2012 07:21
Am told must buy Mitsubishi drive at $965.00 when the unit in there looks EXACTLY like off the shelf unit from computer store at $80. Has anyone retro fitted standard unit?
MikiMajk
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 5 Jan 2012 10:40
Hi Arthur,

The drive may be the same, but it must be prepared by Mitsubishi engineer(some Mazak service engineers can also do that). To install NC and APP SW accornding to your machine specifications.

I will not say that it isn't possible that some end user can't replace/prepeare HD by himself, but i recommend you that you order it from Mitsubishi/Mazak side.

Also when you will change it, you will need to restore the data from CF card(Backup CF card).

take care,
Miki
integrexman
Admin
#3 | Posted: 5 Jan 2012 11:33
I have never tried it but I would like to take the drive out and use a cloning software to clone the drive and see if it will work in the machine.
zak300sy
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 5 Jan 2012 20:20
we purchased a hard drive for an early 640 control - ONCE. It was several hundred bux then, $900 is not out of line these days. It came pre-loaded with all software (wrong rev), so we re-ordered. Wrong software again (no FMS software). Third time was a charm. 4 days of down time on a Horizontal that we were running around the clock. Purchased Norton "ghost" & created backups of all our others the next week. We clone the drive on every new machine when they come in the door & periodically thereafter over our network. Take yesterday's backup of your program directory(s), copy to your cloned drive, you don't lose much & are back in business in a matter of a couple of hours.
hal
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 1 Feb 2013 18:25
I have successfully cloned and replaced hdd. You must clone them before they go bad.
hal
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 1 Feb 2013 18:36
I just ordered a 4Gb. SDD to try next. You can use any ide 2Gb - 20 Gb off the shelf.
Use hddcopy portable software for cloning on win7 laptop m. Feel free to contact me for more information. Hgreen@cnclogistics.net

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®