| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 2 [23 Jul 2019 20:03]
Guests - 2 / Members - 0
Matrix Control integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / Matrix Control /

What does MatrixCam, MazaCam and Griffo Brothers do that can't be done at the Control?

integrexman
Admin
#1 | Posted: 3 Mar 2011 21:06 | Edited by: integrexman
What does Matrix Cam do that can not be done at the Control?

Can you do anything with tooldata that can not be done at the machine?
jayzak IVST
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 4 Mar 2011 07:28
Ive only used matrix cam when i took the programing and advanced mazatrol classes in KY.
The only kinda nice thing is that you can load in tool data and all your parameters into it. Doesnt help if you have 2 or more Integrexs because some parameters might be different from one machine to another, or if you have some later model integrexs as well. Here at work i use Maza-Cam. I can create programs for all the different control models and all the optional stuff you would have to buy from mazak (I.E. millturn, high accuracy circle mill ) are pre loaded into the software. Toll data and parameters can be loaded to.
Tobor
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 4 Mar 2011 07:41
Matrix CAM can do a few things that the control can not. 1. being you can convert Mazatrol programs from Matrix I --> MTPRO or MT or the other way around, Matrix E --> MPRO or the other way around. Although with any Mazatrol conversions there is data loss but geometry comes through good. 2. You can import 2d dxf or acad dwgs. and create geometry from them. For example for a Mill Line out or Turn Bar out, the geometry points can be found by picking from a dxf. file, or hole locations. 3. if you have more then one matrix machine you can load as many unique machines in Matrix CAM as you want. For example I used to use it for training so I would have multiple Integrexes in different configurations, or a mill or lathe.

Hope that helps.
integrexman
Admin
#4 | Posted: 5 Mar 2011 10:22
jayzak IVST
Tobor
Thanks for the comments.

Now tell me what MazaCam, Matrix CAM and GriffoBrothers will not do that you wish it could.
Aron
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 6 Mar 2011 11:20
You can machine ellipse geometry with Matrix Cam and Camware. You can also use the Cad module to draw some additional lines and shapes to help programming, and use 2d dwg file in simulation.

I wish I could use 3d models in programming. Also not possible to make 3d programs with Matrix Cam.
jayzak IVST
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 8 Mar 2011 05:19
Ive been trying to work with solution ware (maza-cam) to develop the use of the lower turret functions. As is, you have to program as if you you were using the upper turret then once the program is in the machine, put the little upsidedown triangles in for the lower turret.
Tobor
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 8 Mar 2011 10:38
To me if someone can come up with a complete machine simulation to run your program that would be very valuable. Mazak is on their way there but is very far from being complete. For example Matrix CAM has the machine config to check your program but is lacking 2 important features. One is import the model of your part, this can be done however is limited to the number of facets. So any complex model will not load. Also with some of the tool companies offering solid models of their tools like Sandvik and Kennametal, it would be nice to be able to import those into Matrix CAM.
integrexman
Admin
#8 | Posted: 10 Mar 2011 19:01 | Edited by: integrexman
jayzak IVST:
Ive been trying to work with solution ware (maza-cam) to develop the use of the lower turret functions. As is, you have to program as if you you were using the upper turret then once the program is in the machine, put the little upsidedown triangles in for the lower turret.

I can't believe they do not support the lower turret. I also heard they do not support creating/editing Tooldata for the Matrix.

Tobor:
To me if someone can come up with a complete machine simulation to run your program that would be very valuable.

I can see needing this for 3D and 5 axis work(EIA). I have never thought it would really make much difference using Mazatrol.
jayzak IVST
Forums Member
#9 | Posted: 11 Mar 2011 05:45 | Edited by: jayzak IVST
Correct. Maza-cam does not support editing tooldata...at all! For any control for that matter. You can view it along with the tool file...but no editing.
integrexman
Admin
#10 | Posted: 12 Mar 2011 11:51
Does anyone know if GriffoBrothers supports tooldata editing?
jayzak IVST
Forums Member
#11 | Posted: 23 Jun 2011 07:05
Ok, I know this is an old topic but, i received the new update for Maza-Cam a week ago. I've noticed that after i create a matrix program and try to load it in to the machine via usb drive, the control gives me "incorrect data" alarm. I did some digging and confirmed that the program was saved as a .PBF file. Like i said though, the control will not take the program. Ive been trying to explain this situation to their app. dept. and they're "working on fixing the issue" . Past versions have worked great but, so i just re-loaded an older version. Still aggrevated.
Imaas
Forums Member
#12 | Posted: 24 Nov 2011 18:31
Griffobros does support toolddata, toolfile, cutdata,tpc and parameter editing offline

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®