| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 4 [5 Mar 2021 17:43]
Guests - 4 / Members - 0
E-Machine Programming Mazatrol integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / E-Machine Programming Mazatrol /

integrex-e 500h sits in cycle and won't move

Load Dog
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 16 Sep 2009 15:32
I have 2, 500 H and 2, 1550 V MACHINES. I am new to mazatrol and have been thrown into it without much support. I have just run my first mazatrol program on the 500 and when the first tool loaded, the machine just sat there in cycle, no alarm. Removing the HEAD unit cured this. After the transfer the same thing happens, if I remove the HEAD unit, the machine alarms out. The program is written exactly like the manual and mazak doesn't seem to know why. Any ideas.
Stuart
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 16 Sep 2009 17:47
This can be a host of issues, but I had the same thing that shut down my machine shortly after it was installed for about a week waiting for a fix from Mazak. It turned out to be nothing more than a blob of grease on a proximity switch that is used to sense whether or not a particular spot in the magazine chain was empty. It caught a blob of grease that was most likely thrown from the tool change arm (the tech that installed the machine didn't have a clue how to open the door and remove the huge amount of grease that we could see on every tool change). The machine would run, change a tool, and go back to work, but it couldn't put the tool away so when it called for the next tool the machine would just sit there with no alarms.

Lot's of little issues like that can crop up. Make sure whatever happens isn't tripping it into single block mode, which is not always obvious.

If you issues occur after a tool change I'd look into a tool changer type fault. There are a lot of them that won't throw an alarm.
LoadDogsBoss
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 25 Sep 2009 21:41
you the man Mike

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®