| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 4 [5 Mar 2021 17:43]
Guests - 4 / Members - 0
E-Machine Programming Mazatrol integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / E-Machine Programming Mazatrol /

E800 Mazak / C-axis

coolant slinger
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 27 Jan 2009 08:38
Can anyone give me code to program the c-axis in Manual Mazatrol. I've got it working in Mazatrol, but am not completely satisfied with the lead in and lead out. I am using an endmill in the milling head (B-axis), orientated at B0, milling a diameter using the C-axis to turn the part. We do this, because we can't go past the C-axis centerline enough to mill it with the X&Y axis. Please include how speed and feed is figured here.

Eric
585integrex1
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 29 Jan 2009 07:46
CANT YOU JUST DO A LINE OUT XC?
integrexman
Admin
#3 | Posted: 29 Jan 2009 08:55
If you don't like how Mazatrol does it then I would do it in a sub program in EIA. I have not worked on an E-machine but I bet you could use G12.1
coolant slinger
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 11 Feb 2009 18:22
I wound up starting out programming in Mazatrol using "C-line-Line out". This was easy to program but the lead in and out sucks. So you have to alter the TPC E1 to get the lead in right. The down side is that the lead in and lead out will be the same and the feed rate will be the same on lead in, the circular interpolation and the lead out. This method wasted alot of time on the lead out on large cutters. Might work in a job shop.

After my engineer wanted to alter the feed on the lead in to reduce chatter and increase the lead out feed to save time I decided to program using "C-line" Line right" conventional milling . This method let me describe the lead in line, the two 1/2 CCW arcs (Mazatrol didn't like the single arc method) then the lead out line which was only .100" long. It also allows you to put a different feed rate on each line or arc that is descibed.

So 585integrex1 you got me the closest, but keep in mind "line right" only moves the X&Y axis, where "C-line -line right '' moves the X&C axis.

Thanks guys
Time to sling some coolant
coolant slinger
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 27 Feb 2009 18:00
Excuse me,
That was "C-line" "line left" climb milling. And the arcs are CW.

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®