| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 4 [5 Mar 2021 17:43]
Guests - 4 / Members - 0
E-Machine Programming Mazatrol integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / E-Machine Programming Mazatrol /

Face milling on E500HS HELP ME

Load Dog
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 2 Feb 2010 09:44
Hello to all
I am new to mazatrol programming on the 500mt. I am programming a 2.155" wide face groove 2" deep. The major dia is 9.31" and the minor dia is 5". I have programmed it with an end mill to helical mill in c-axis. The problem arrises when the tool does its positioning before it starts on the programmed path. I end up with 2 half moon in the part where I don't want them. I can't seem to get an answer from mazak. I would think a parameter would control this. Anyone have experiance with this.

Load Dog
Stuart
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 2 Feb 2010 18:49
What did you use for start and end in the unit? Open or closed? if it's open the tool will lead in from the side and give the half moon. If you autoset the approach point and use open, then change your mind and choose close, it will still use the original approach point that it computed. You might need to reselect the autoset for the approach point, or define a point that will not gouge.
Steve Manthey
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 2 Feb 2010 21:30
Stuart
Good point to remember for new users...re-selecting autoset is VERY important if you change your toolpath points in your program. That one has gotten me several times and I finally have it driven into my thick skull to remember that!
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 2 Feb 2010 22:12
also in TPC you can control the size of the lead in and out , and if you decide to change this then like they said above you will need to re select the autoset for the approach point....
Load Dog
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 3 Feb 2010 14:44
Hello Rodzilla

I have used the closed on both ends and have tried the tpc parameters E1 and E2 but still get the tool going places I don't want it to go. Are these the right settings. I have reset the aout approach every time.

Load Dog
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 3 Feb 2010 16:58
I think you need only change E1 and you can make it quite small like maybe 0.060" depending on your cutter diameter.
Stuart
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 3 Feb 2010 21:29
On an internal milling unit if you use a lead in, Mazatrol will automatically force it to the closest convex point in the geometry. I had a part with a circular hole with 2 wings on it, and I wanted to lead in from the center of the circular hole where there was more room. The beast had a mind of it's own and no matter where I forced the approach point to, I would get these arcs, but with a gouge going to that convex point. I finally redefined the geometry and changed the wall clearacne to some stupidly small value and made it work, after gouging a part way more times than one would want to. It was a cheap block of aluminum, so no foul.

Rod of course has this way of using a Start or end point that forces the lead in, maybe he'll chime in. That might be your issue as well.
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 3 Feb 2010 22:30
I'm not exactly sure whats going on here but in my experience I have found that (and this might be a PITA) (pain in the ass) but if you describe the shape and start somewhere else with your sequence data, it might lead in and out at a more appropriate spot,

when you start your path description did you press STARTING POINT and then LINE and then give your X and Y coordinates then ARC etc etc etc. you MUST press (STARTNG POINT) when you begin your description.
Load Dog
Forums Member
#9 | Posted: 4 Feb 2010 09:48
Thanks for all the feed back.

I am dealing with some 1550 issues and will get back to this soon.

I will let you all know what the end result is.

And yes they do have a mind of there own.

With regards to the transfer problem I had back in the fall where the machine would just sit in idle unless I took the head units out. It was the drives that were causing the problem not the programmer. Mazak put in a fix.

Regards

Load Dog

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®