| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 193 [20 Dec 2015 06:24]
Guests - 193 / Members - 0
Integrex General integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / Integrex General /

Off topic but anyone heard of jaw-cat?

andymazak
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 22 Jan 2017 04:35
I was just looking for the Hass video on cutting soft jaws when I saw this on youtube:
https://youtu.be/8T3TknYi3UY

I was going to give it a go because soft jaws really do drive me nuts. But I don't want any more junk on my pc so thought I check here first.
Anyone heard of it?
andymazak
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 23 Jan 2017 10:56
Well, clearly no one has heard of it.
I did download it to my ancient laptop and nothing untoward happened except during installation you're more or less left to figure it out for yourself.
I'll give it a try and see.
Rodzilla
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 27 Jan 2017 08:28
I tried to download it as well, a word of warning it comes complete with some virus or something that my computer anti virus protection warned against so I said no . they can keep it
andymazak
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 27 Jan 2017 10:01
Ok Rod, now you're freaking me out. What virus software are you using?
I've installed this on my windows 10 laptop now with no warnings. (Now uninstalled).
Just downloading Avast.
This software is code signed, non of this unknown publisher business. Seems mighty strange to me.
I thought this might be ok. I'll be pissed if it's no good.
andymazak
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 28 Jan 2017 02:15
Hmm. so scanned computer with Avast after removing jawcat, no viruses or malware.
Tried to re-install it, sure enough avast said i'd found a very rare file that's could be
a virus and has been sent to their labs for investigation.
Tried to re-install the software a few times yesterday afternoon
got message still investigating, 'It's starting to crack!'
Tried it last night and Avast have decided it's clean and allowed me to install it.

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®