| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 5 [28 Jan 2020 07:28]
Guests - 5 / Members - 0
Integrex General integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / Integrex General /

fd

masakki
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 31 Aug 2015 06:51 | Edited by: masakki
Hi!

Newbie with new machine and few questions:

Integrex i400/ Mazatrol matrix 2

When lower turret is working on sub spindle, milling turret wont do tool change until lower turret tool is off
from workpiece. This will take lot off machining time.
Is there any way to get these turret work independently ? We try to convert mazatrol program to iso code but milling spindle is still waiting.
Is there parameter to change to let the top turret to change tool when the bottom turret is in a cut?

2. We seem to have lot of vibration on tap mill operation. D15mm tap mill and vibration is really bad. Same tap goes fine with other machine with same cutting data.

Any help would be great,

NB
adie92506
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 14 Sep 2015 10:43
As far as I know there is no way to keep the lower turret cutting during tool changes on the upper turret. The one thing that I do is look at the Navigation Result page and get the times for each operation and plan accordingly to minimize tool changes in the middle of a 2 Work PC mode with the upper turret.
Since the lower turret will change without stopping the upper turret I try to place a bunch of lower turret units with as many tool changes as possible in the same amount of time that a long process is running on the upper turret. Since most of our parts have less than 8 minutes of turning time out of a 30 minute cycle I try to make the most out of the time I have available to run in 2 Work PC mode.

Good Luck...
masakki
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 17 Sep 2015 04:26
Hi! Thanks for info. We'll try to do PLC change.
adie92506
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 18 Sep 2015 09:24
Please be careful. The one thing that you still need to keep in mind is that it is not a Multiplex or a Hyper Quadrex. It does this for a reason. The main reason being that when working on the main spindle with the lower turret all of the coolant is blasting up into the tool change door. If the upper turret is working on the sub spindle and does a tool change there is a great chance that chips could be blasted into the spindle when the tool is removed and damage the taper or the clamping mechanism.

I am not sure if you have ever had a tool get jammed in the spindle because of chips or the clamp mechanism failing. If not then I will let you know that the spindles are not field serviceable. We just had a spindle put in one of our older Integrexes because of weak clamp pressure and a noisy bearing and the Mark IV spindle ran about $40,000 and I know the i Series machines cost even more.

A couple seconds of waiting for a tool change seems pretty cheap compared to a new spindle.

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®