| Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics | Home Page |
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 5 [28 Jan 2020 07:28]
Guests - 5 / Members - 0
Integrex General integrexmachinist.com community built on miniBB / Integrex General /

J-200 B axis clamping rigidity issue

bigcountry
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 4 Feb 2015 19:05
Turning with .065 DOC the B-axis is moving .012-.014. I found this out putting a mag base and indicator on top of head while the machine was engaged in the cut. After the cut comes to an end the indicator comes back zero. This deflection creates a real undersize condition and a real messed up turn profile.
The machine is only a couple months old. The cut is interrupted, but the machine sounds good when cutting. I don't know what can be expected, but this does not seem excessive. Any input?
cpieler
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 10 Feb 2015 05:03
i would say mazak repair would be on the way to my shop if that were me. do you hear the b axis lock?
bigcountry
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 10 Feb 2015 18:44
The B axis clamp light is on on the CNC signal page. I have heard the clamp come on. The problem has come up intermittently, I get 2 good turns with no movement in the head, then may get 2 with the clamp not holding. We ran about 20 PCs without issue and now seems inconcistant.
Mazak came out and I got it to act up. Now they are checking into some things.
MikiMajk
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 12 Feb 2015 14:29
bigcountry, do us a favor.

Sell the machine before you get rellay dissaponted.

Trust me.

MM

:);):-p:-(More smilies...  Disable smilies in post
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.

Forums are powered by miniBB®